Friday, July 29, 2011

Here We Go...

Welcome to my new blog, “Did Not Die in Vain”.  There are a lot of food blogs out now, and I was not sure if the world needed another. However, with encouragement from friends and family, I decided to see where this takes me. I figured it is a place I can keep track of the meals I create and the recipes that accompany them. This way I can share photos of meals with family and friends, many of whom were here to enjoy them. Living in Oregon over the last 15 years I have run across some great places to eat and enjoy. Hopefully you will find something here to stimulate your palate and mind. We will see where this whole blog thing goes.

            The name Did Not Die in Vain comes from a funny quote of my dad’s. Growing up he would frequently say, when eating something especially tasty, “Well, this (insert food item here) did not die in vain!” Over the last few years it was proclaimed at almost every meal we shared together, and thus became a running joke amongst the family. We would see him enjoying his meal, eagerly wait for the sentence to start and then, giggling, finish with the “did not die in vain” with him.  This took our joke to a new level.  Now while eating with us Dad will only say, “this (insert food item here)…” pause and then look up at us to chime in the finishing line.  Needless to say, it had to become the name of my blog.
           
And so it begins…

No comments:

Post a Comment